LEEDS & GRENVILLE COMMUNITY FAMILY HEALTH TEAM
Temporary, Full-Time (1.0 FTE), Program Assistant
Leeds & Grenville Community Family Health Team (LGCFHT) invites applications for a Temporary, Full-Time, Program Assistant (37.5 hours/weekly) – for up to 12 months (1 year). The primary site is Brockville. You will be expected to work After Hours Clinics, weekends, and at our Gananoque site if needed.
The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for:
- Providing telephone and office reception;
- Scanning process for Practice Solutions EMR (Electronic Medical Records);
- The utilization of the EMR as it relates to Program Assistant;
- Booking clients for primary health care providers;
- Assisting the health care providers in identifying services; providing program assistance in implementing appropriate health promotion/disease prevention, disease management services
- Other responsibilities.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Diploma from a recognized community college/university in a medical office administration/health related field;
- Current experience in a medical/health care setting;
- Experience with electronic medical records (EMR) preferred;
- Excellent communication skills with clients challenged with health issues;
- Ability to work independently and with supervision;
- Ability and willingness to work with the team;
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle; willing to travel to other LGCFHT site if needed.
Position is temporary, full-time (37.5 hours weekly). Salary to commensurate with experience (range $21.19 – $22.10/hour). This is a unionized position – SEIU Local 1 CANADA.
LGCFHT is committed to providing a recruitment and selection process that is both inclusive and free from barriers. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request and will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org