Leeds & Grenville Community Family Health Team
6.0 FTE – Registered Dietitian
Leeds & Grenville Community Family Health Team invites applications for a permanent, part-time (6.0 FTE), Registered Dietitian.
The successful candidate will work in collaboration, with other members of the inter-professional team, to provide optimal nutritional care for patients. Through counselling, monitoring and reassessing patients the RD provides nutritional therapy to improve health and manage disease. The RD establishes goal-oriented treatment interventions and monitors patient’s progress. The RD will support patient care and the delivery of programs by focusing on the identification, provision and management of resources and strategies to improve patient health.
LGCFHT is a multi-site organization, you will be required to work at either Brockville or Gananoque location depending on organization needs. You will also be required to work After Hours Clinics and weekends when needed.
Qualified Candidates will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Food and Nutrition or equivalent degree with an accredited dietetic internship or equivalent supervised practical training required, post-graduate education preferred;
- A member in good standing with the College of Dietitians of Ontario;
- Skilled in identifying nutrition problems, assessing nutritional status of patients, developing nutrition care plans and evaluating and monitoring the effectiveness of nutrition interventions;
- Demonstrated experience in individual and group counselling;
- Previous experience in Diabetes Education an asset;
- Previous experience managing chronic diseases through nutrition interventions;
- Demonstrated computer literacy is required to facilitate the use of electronic medical records;
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving using sound judgment and critical thinking;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a busy multidisciplinary team.
The successful candidate will work 22.5 hours/week. Salary to commensurate with experience ($33.44 – $38.96/hr). This is a unionized position with SEIU Local 1 – Canada.
Please submit your resume to the attention of: Sara Cull, Executive Assistant, Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org